Formerly the Regional Agricultural Landcare Facilitator (RALF).
Through the National Landcare Program, the East Gippsland CMA supports a Sustainable Agriculture Facilitator (SAF). The Facilitator is hosted by Far East Victoria Landcare and provides the following services for the East Gippsland agricultural community:
• Engaging and informing farming communities and agricultural industries within their NRM region about emerging ideas, innovative practices and relevant new government policies and programs to help improve the sustainability, productivity, and profitability of agriculture.
• Facilitating partnerships that will best deliver agriculture outcomes, such as connecting industry, grower, and community groups so that they can work together to address common issues.
• Assisting farming communities and agriculture industry groups to develop new projects and seek new funding opportunities e.g., Smart Farms Small Grants and Smart Farming Partnerships Grants.
• Supporting the delivery of National Landcare Program Sustainable Agriculture projects.
• Reporting to the Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water (the Department) annually on the delivery of SAF services.
• Participating in a ‘Communities of Practice’ to better understand complex issues, improve networks, and help develop solutions for national priorities.
• Attending the SAF Annual Conference in Canberra and participating in regular teleconferences with the Department.
• Informing the Department about emerging issues and events within their NRM regions (e.g., reporting on the impacts of natural disasters).
For more information on the East Gippsland Sustainable Agriculture Facilitator and to get involved contact us or visit: Sustainable Agriculture Projects — Far East Victoria Landcare.